II. Vocabulary and Structure( 15 points)
Directions:There are 15 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
6. I don't know how to play bridge(桥牌) and__________
A. my wife doesn't neither
B. my wife does either
C. neither does my wife
D. neither my wife does
7.--Did you tell him where she __________?
--Yes. And I also told him she__________until the next month.
A. had gone;wouldn't come back
B. has gone;won't come back
C. had been;wouldn't come back
D. went;didn't come back
( ) 8.--He hardly has anything nowadays,9
--No,I don't think so!
A. has he
B. doesn't he
C. does he
D. hasn't he
( ) 9. Twenty miles__________a long way to cover.
A. have been
( ) 10. It was difficult for him to buy good shoes because he had such a big__________of feet.
( )11.__________determines a good meal varies from country to country.
) 12. To get the job started,__________ I need is your permission.
A. only what
B. all what
C. all that
D. only that
) 13. The ancient Egyptians compared the rising of the sun__________the beginning of life.
14. When there are small children around,it is necessary to put bottles of pills out of__________
15. They are not aware of the reasons __________ people are unwilling to discuss insurance.
16.--I think you should phone Jenny and say sorry to her.
-- __________. It was her fault.
A. No way
B. Not possible
C. No chance
D. Not at all
17. You must take__________for granted that I will help you.
18. Had he worked harder, he__________the exams.
A. must have got through
B. would have got through
C. would get through
D. could get through
19. I feel my health__________
B. to be improving
C. to be improved
D. to have improved
20. The film I saw yesterday is the best one __________I've ever seen.
D. of which